It seems that each season one highly ranked team has their hopes of glory stolen from them by an unfortunate set of injuries or off the field issues. TCU is this year’s leading candidate for unluckiest team in all of the FBS. The Horned Frogs are heavy favorites to make the College Football Playoff, but the amount of talent they’ve lost since the season started is bordering on laughable.
- Starting corner Ranthony Texada injured against SMU, out for the season.
- Starting defensive end Mike Tuaua suspended, and is facing felony robbery charges.
- Receiver Anre Petities-Wilson also suspended and facing felony robbery charges.
- Starting Davion Pierson injured, but expected back soon.
- Starting safety Kenny Iloka injured against Stephen F. Austin, out for the season.
- Starting linebacker Mike Freeze has taken a leave of absence.
- Starting defensive end James McFarland injured, and out of a significant amount of time.
- Starting linebacker Sammy Douglas injured, out for the season.
- Defensive back George Baltimore retired from football, was expected to provide valuable minutes.
With nine games left on the schedule, not including a bowl game, will the Horned Frogs be able to survive this recent string of bad luck, or will player attrition derail their dreams of a Big 12 Title, and more.
[pollcaster widget=”poll” id=”DEbuQ860MPk3pm9d4cQk1Kdvove” width=”100%” height=”auto”]