It’s a light week in the Big 12, with only 3 games. But those games include some huge matchups, and all are at least intriguing to watch.
A quick note about the Watchability Rating: It is intended to be a quick guide to how interesting the game would be to the average Big 12 fan. Obviously, if your team is involved, you will probably want to watch the game. The rating can also be affected by how difficult it is to find the game, both by channel selection and timing of the game. Being on an obscure channel or in a crowded or extreme time slot will normally knock the rating down a slot.
None of this week’s games are on ESPN’s streaming network, ESPN+. However, more and more games will only be available via ESPN+, including many non-revenue sports and men’s and women’s basketball games. This is especially true with the new Big 12 network, Big 12 Now, being a part of ESPN+.
If you’re thinking about signing up, go here to here check out a free trial. This is the super exciting part for us. We’ve partnered with ESPN+. So, when you use our link, not only do you get to watch your favorite team’s game, but you also help support the LGG. Plus you get the Big 12 Now network and things like the Miles to Go miniseries. As Michael Scott would say, it’s a win, win, win! So go check it out.
- 📺📺📺📺📺 – Drop Everything. This game is must-watch television. Whether you have to stream it on your phone because you’re stuck at the mall with your significant other, or you kick everyone out of the room so that they stop walking in front of the TV, make sure that you don’t miss a second of this game.
- 📺📺📺📺 – This is primary viewing and should be the main game that you watch during this time slot. It will be entertaining to anyone who turns it on. Feel free to flip around to check on other games during commercials or timeouts. Just make sure you come back quickly.
- 📺📺📺 – Make sure you have another screen to follow this one, whether it’s a second television or streaming on a laptop or your phone. You’ll want to be able to look over quickly for big plays.
- 📺📺 – It’s worth keeping track, but don’t feel the need to pay close attention. If the current game gets out of hand, this one might be interesting, so check to see if you have a way to turn it on, especially during commercials.
- 📺 – Don’t bother trying to watch this one. It will be a blowout or really ugly. You can find out what happened later without subjecting yourself to this.
6 Oklahoma VS 11 Texas
When: SAT, OCT 12 at 11:00 AM CT
TV: FOX | Stream: Fox Sports Go
If I could give this 5 extra TVs, I would. This is can’t miss football, with the two biggest programs in the Big 12 duking it out for a nearly guaranteed spot in the conference title game. I have a hard time seeing the winner not making the game. The loser might be good enough to get a rematch. But this will be prolific offenses trading blows as the defenses try to keep up. It will be extremely entertaining the whole day long.
Texas Tech AT 22 Baylor
When: SAT, OCT 12 at 3:00 PM CT
TV: FS1 | Stream: Fox Sports Go
I realize that I was horribly wrong about Texas Tech last week. Baylor adds a lot to the watchability rating for this game. I think the next game is going to be a bit more entertaining, but if you want to hate-watch the Bears, I can’t find fault in that decision.
Iowa State VS West Virginia
When: SAT, OCT 12 at 3:00 PM CT
TV: ESPN | Stream: WatchESPN
There are only a couple other games worth watching in this time slot. Most of the interesting ones are on the Big Ten Network and Pac-12 Network, meaning that you might have trouble watching them. Given how West Virginia has looked, this is a very intriguing matchup. Miss it at your own risk.